Monday, November 9, 2015

Firework Party time


Having just gotten up after going to bed really early to help with the tiredness I felt yesterday evening I thought it was time to write up the weekends events.
For me things started with being up at 6 in the morning to makes sure I was dressed, double check my case and fix breakfast ready for for my Taxi to arrive as the weekend local bus service operator is anything but reliable especially if you need the very first bus of the day and being hourly it would be very easy to miss a connection to the rail station.
Because I was being picked up at the other end, it's kinda important for me to be a bit responsible and ensure that to the best of my abilities I get on the right train so this was the best way of achieving it.
Getting through the ticket barriers newly installed isn't fun but I used the Disabled one and waved my ticket to someone who let me through with my case and Hello Kitty tote bag with some long sticking out of it.
Having arrived at the other end I met up with the person who going to give me a lift and waited through the torrential rain storm for another person to arrive before we set off to their house where events were being held. We called in the local shops to pick up some provisions for later consumption although I stopped in the car as it was raining. It does nothing for me fur! (Lol) 
I immediately got changed into my black pinafore dress which is super easy for me to put on (a boon for disabled girls like me) and started the sorting out of bits and bobs I'd brought with me like cards, a gift for the organizer and some playthings.
I had said at a site that one the most important things was working our way through the loss of a dear friend in tragic circumstances and the other was that I felt I had more of need to 'play' which was shared with two other people at least so for us this needed to happen.
Sometimes more grown up sophisticated work or techno stuff can creep into littles meets but that's not I'm there for so I said I was going to bring two things with me, a pack of Hello Kitty playing cards and my Panda glove puppet, Peaches, who came from Covent Garden, London and came to work with me as one of  a few things I used - played  with is the word I'd now use - doing a stressful, emotionally demanding job helping to bring people who hurt kids to justice to help deal with stress and it was the place I learned to express my inner child.
By bring them and talking a little in advance I felt there was a good chance we'd get what we were looking for.
In time everyone arrived and so 'Matron' and Andi got started with the Beefburgers (not LAMB burgers, giggles) with onions by 1PM, talking away (food is so sociable) before we got on to the first activity proper.
At this point the group split up and so I joined Sammy and Lausie outside with their partners keeping an eye on us carving the albino Pumpkin into a spooky but fairly happy face between us, having fun scooping out the mush and scraping the skin off bits ready to put a light in later on.
I got a bit sticky and one of my splints will need a wash where bits got trapped as I forget I'm wearing them as they're just part of my life now but it was so much fun and I'd like to thank them for letting me play with them.
Susan had organized a treasure hunt around the house and its surroundings based on a  Hobgoblin theme with a series of clues and individual prizes as well as Winner prize which was won by Lausie who's just rather good at this sort of thing although I and a few others did get the odd one too.
Next up was Jennifer's music quiz which was based on themes from BBC Tv series issued on BBC's own records where you had to identify the name of the program and when it started (although we relaxed that to the period of original transmission). I got 7 out of twenty but given I wasn't familiar with British tv for some of that time for obvious reasons that wasn't bad I guess especially as one them was Choo Choo connected.
We had a cold salad evening meal from what people had bought and in some instances actually made like Andi's Trifle which was very nice with the cream (shades of the Catgirl coming out here!) which everyone enjoyed.
After a period, the baked potatoes were out which indicated one of the highlights of the weekend was about to begin. At this point I put on my Witches Hat and Held  my orange broom which with the school uniform I was one looked like something very reminiscent of Harry Potter series ready to go outside.
Matron, brave as ever had gotten the bonfire started with bit of fencing and other stuff which soon really started going keeping us warm as the sparks flew in the air before with the assistance of Andi lighting them, the fireworks were put in in order exploding colourfully, fuse permitting of course all around us as a few other folks had spotted although we had competition from major Firework Display a few miles away.
Given some of the issues I've had due to the dangerous misuse of fireworks to hurt me, being able to stand and enjoy anew fireworks without any issues was a great thing for me personally.
Afterward we listened to the super sounds of Kim Wilde and other 80's artists as well as the Eagles as the coal fire kept us nice and warm talking as I was impersonating a cat on the floor, clawing and me-owing and we turned the light off so Andi's illuminated skull shone onto the ceiling which was fun as some of were sure we saw ghosts, maybe even the ghosts of schoolgirls past!
Eventually we got to bed in various rooms, I was in the front room, sleeping on the couch in front of the fire waking up later than usual so I fixed a tea and got washed and changed to have some Rice Crispies before Matron and Andi got some smoked Bacon sandwiches going before a few people left and the remainder of us went to a Pub for a meal together, naturally I kept to soft drinks, which was served very efficiently, piping hot  and very tasty before we all made our way back.
Andi took Suzy and I to the rail station to catch our trains which was interesting as the number of people getting in seconds flat to the Virgin train to London Euston station has to be seen to be believed!
Unfortunately my Choo-Choo was rather overcrowded - standing room only - in the regular carriages including the disabled section occupied by people who I'd be 98% certain weren't,  so  I had to stand in some discomfort for part the journey before myself and a Person of Colour saw a couple of seats come available and claimed them!
Thankfully my back pain subsided by the time I arrived and the ticket barriers were up so I quickly get a taxi off of the the taxi rank, whose driver was only two and half miles away from home who got me back in for Quarter to Six.
I'd like to thank Susan and Matron for organizing the party and Andi for the Pyrotechnical support in addition to the lifts.
A fun time was had by all.


No comments:

Post a Comment