Monday, March 12, 2018

Going around the sun 2018 style

As you *may* of managed to work out it was my birthday last week but it just missed the publishing schedule which is why it is I'm writing about it today.
I had a number of cards from family and friends even if some were a bit late arriving with the recent extreme weather effecting when individuals could get out to mail them and also the UK wide delivery network.
 Tatty Teddy is such a cool creation, indeed I have a number Tatty Teddie stuffies and one person I know, my BFF sent me this lovely card through the mail.
I went out for midday lunch with family to celebrate to a local public house that does home made cooking with big chunky carrots and home prepared roast potatoes so I opted for a Turkey roast with cranberry sauce. Apple sauce never did that much for me to be honest.
I followed that up with home made Apple Pie and vanilla ice cream which was really scrumptious having lots of flavour and texture. I don't like mushy apple flavoured filling in fruit pies.
I had birthday wishes from the site that's the home of 'George' and the Famous Five and other Enid Blyton favourites and some forums including GT, the IK chat room and the classical music thread of a music site who put up with my regressive side pretty well.
That ties into having by way of presents four classical music discs one of which will be featured in a review next week, some money and a W H Smiths voucher I used toward this book when I went into town on Thursday. 

It was one that I kind expected to get but didn't at Christmas so didn't buy myself and there's new book in this historical series coming out next month.

1 comment:

  1. Fab time you had, good for you Joanne; Miss Green

    ReplyDelete