Monday, March 5, 2018

Just being younger than my years me

As we enter a new month and approach a significant date I thought I'd post something around what it means to me.
 This time of year reminds me so much of the largely unchanged way that I am no different in many ways around the ages of these children and even the fuzzy warm lack of focus of it might as well be a metaphor for both how I am and the prism I see things through.
Any of them could of been me and certain respects more mentally sharper and alert too.
Our world compared to todays was a good deal simpler for just reading, playing and watching tv more often than not together and communication was mainly face to face by phone with parental approval so we'd sure know about it if anyone had been mean.
  We read comics, often joining fan clubs whose paraphernalia come through the mail and talked about them during school recess  and in many ways that remains what I loved and within reason love to do even now cos in my head I'm still the same.
 In the recent snowy weather my first instinct remains to gather up snow to have snowball fights and to make snowmen. This year even the outdoor model railway village got snowed in!!!
 I'm in so many ways the same as I was when I was legally younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment